How to Apply
Lima Christian School has three basic positions: Teacher/Staff, Substitute Teacher and Coach. Please click the link to the left to download and print the Pastoral Reference form. It needs to accompany each application type.
Read the instructions next to each application type. Then download, print and submit the forms to the address below.
Please send or drop off your completed application and pastoral reference to the following the address:
Lima Christian School
1574 Rochester Street
Lima, NY 14485
Lima Christian School is always looking for talented, dedicated teachers and is currently accepting applications.
Full Time Employment
Job Title: English as a Second Language (ESL) Teacher
Lima Christian School (LCS), a college prep independent school serving 195 students in grades Kindergarten through 12, seeks a dynamic, collaborative, and nimble English as a Second Language (ESL) teacher for the International Student Program (ISP). The ideal candidate will be a team-oriented individual who thrives in a nurturing Christ-centered environment. The ideal candidate will also be knowledgeable in ESL instruction, highly organized, enthusiastic, and capable of collaborating and executing with the International Student Program team. The ESL teacher will play a vital role in the ISP and he/she will report to the ISP Director.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Work collaboratively as a member of the ISP team to advance the program;
- Lead students to achieve their maximum success through instruction in speaking, reading, listening, and writing in academic English;
- Teach all first year and some second year students the Introduction to the Bible courses;
- Provide students with academic help and tutoring in other courses as needed;
- Serve as individual student’s academic advisor;
- Coordinate the creation of academic teacher comments and grade reports; and
- Evaluate and benchmark individual student progress through proprietary and standardized testing.
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred with a minimum of 1 year of instruction experience;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Highly energetic and enthusiastic personality with excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, and time management skills;
- Ability to motivate others through encouraging communication, optimism, strong work ethic, kindness, and high achievement while also being organized and deadline-driven; and
- The ability to profess that Christ is your Lord and Savior.
Please send resume and completed application to the Principal, Todd Steltz, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Write your full name and “ESL Teacher” in the subject line.
Part Time Employment
Job Title: Part-time High School English Teacher
Job Description: The teacher will be responsible for planning and teaching lessons that meet NY State Standards and LCS Student Expected Outcomes for high school English classes (specific classes to be determined). He or she will create an environment that is conducive to the academic, social and spiritual growth of the students. In addition to teaching, he or she will be responsible for communicating effectively with student and parents regarding progress and collaborating with other LCS staff in order to meet school-wide curriculum goals. Strong writing skills and are necessary, experience is preferred, and commencement towards certification (NY State and/or ACSI) is mandatory.
Substitute Teacher Application
Lima Christian is always accepting applications for Per Diem Substitutes.
If you are interested in being a substitute teacher, please download, complete and submit the application and pastoral reference forms to the left. Clicking the links will open each document in a new tab.
Coach Application Packet
Candidates need to download the Coach Application Packet to the left, print, complete and send it to Athletic Director. You may drop the application off in the LCS main office. If mailing the packet, please use the address at the top of the page.
Any questions, please contact Michael Burns, Athletic Director: email@example.com
Lima Christian School is looking for Substitute Cleaners and is currently accepting applications. Please contact Lorenne McGuire at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 585-624-3610 Ext.114 for more information and to apply. DO NOT COMPLETE ANY OF THE APPLICATION FORMS ABOVE.