Since its founding in 1975, Lima Christian School has been dedicated to providing faith-based education for students.
Our Vision: Lima Christian School is a growing Christian community educating the next generation to live courageously for Jesus Christ.
The mission of Lima Christian School is to provide academic excellence, a nurturing environment, and strong community to help students discover their God-given talents and prepare them for a life honoring Jesus Christ.
The philosophy of education at Lima Christian School is based on the Bible as the inspired and only infallible, authoritative Word of God. The curriculum of Lima Christian School places God in the center of all things (Colossians 2:3; Proverbs 1:7). Lima Christian School exists to support parents in the training of their children in the truth of God as revealed through Scripture.
The purpose of Lima Christian School is to educate our students, help them discover their God-given talents, develop their full potential, and prepare them for a life honoring Jesus Christ.
Lima Christian School has been accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI). The accreditation process gives our families confidence that we are a trustworthy educational institution. As a non-public institution, it is important for us to have outside agencies helping us do our best to provide your children with an excellent education. Through regular assessment of our current faculty, curriculum, and school programs, we strive to continually improve and maintain high standards as we teach your children.
Lima Christian School Core Values
We acknowledge that God and His truth are foundational to all of life and learning
Doing everything for the glory of God compels us toward excellence.
We seek to provide a loving and caring environment where students can thrive
We encourage collaboration and relationship in our community
We desire to prepare students to be bold in their convictions and selfless in their actions
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe the God head consists of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, His sinless life, in His atoning death, in His bodily resurrection and in His ascension to the right hand of the Father.
- We believe in the universal sinfulness and guilt of all mankind since the fall, rendering man subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- We believe in the salvation of lost and sinful man only through the redeeming blood of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the keeping power of God for a holy walk, not after the flesh but after the Spirit.
- We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit and the present ministry of the Spirit in and through believers.
- We believe that divine healing is obtained on the basis of the Atonement.
- We believe in Christ’s imminent personal return in power and great glory, in His millennial reign and His everlasting dominion.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of eternal punishment.
- We believe in evangelistic and missionary fervor.
Expected Student Outcomes
We have identified several schoolwide goals that we seek to accomplish in the lives of our students. These objectives characterize who we are and everything that we do.
- Interact with and influence the culture from a biblical perspective
- Build and sustain relationships with people within and outside the church
- Capable of sharing the Gospel and defending their biblical faith
- Communication effectively through writing, listening and speaking
- Able to identify and express one’s feelings, thoughts, and emotions in a Christ-like manner
- Recognize Jesus as Servant of all and our example to follow
- Model a life of helping others without discrimination
- Discover and use their God-given talents through selfless service
- Be proactive in meeting the needs of others even at great cost to oneself
- Contribute to the local community by being an informed and responsible citizen
- Recognize that each person (beginning at conception) is loved and uniquely created in the image of God
- Honor God by making wise choices regarding the body, mind, and spirit
- Understand that work has dignity, and our bodies should be used to accomplish the good works that God has ordained for each of us to do
- Develop physical skills according to individual abilities
- Recognize the Bible is the infallible word of God
- Accept or be challenged to accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior
- Know how to study the Bible in a meaningful way to enrich personal devotions and prayer time
- Demonstrate Christian morals, ethics, and integrity
- Understand the foundations and doctrines of the Christian faith
- Recognize the need for accountability within the Body of Christ
- Take initiative and personal responsibility to achieve their God-given potential.
- Understand the importance of developing the ability to learn and think critically.
- Develop a passion, curiosity, and appreciation for learning that lasts a lifetime.
- Filter all thoughts, opinions, and arguments through the word of God to avoid the world’s influence and deception. (2Cor 10:5, 2Tim 2:15)
- Pursue knowledge and wisdom, which leads to discretion and understanding. (Prov 2:10-11, James 1:5)
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of life and reject mediocrity.